Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Nielsen Family Reunion

My parents did an amazing job of getting almost all of us together for the family reunion this year. They took us up to a cabin in Ashton, ID where we played games, had a bbq, played in the river, went to the Playmill Theatre and saw the hilarious 'Dirty, Rotten Scoundrels', watched the women's World Cup and just enjoyed each other's company. I was sure I took more pictures than this, but can't find them. :(

First stop was Big Judd's for dinner. This is a monstrous hamburger and so delicious.


We went tubing down the river at Warm Springs. However, Warm Springs was not warm at all. When we first got in, Alayna jumped immediately out and said she didn't want to go. I finally convinced her and we had a great time once our legs became numb.



Notice the empty tube? Yep, we lost Tyla on the way down. The kids wanted to go under the bridge so we hooked all the tubes together with bungee cords. As we came to the bridge, I tried to direct the tube train to the right, but I didn't realize they were already drifting to the left. We wrapped around a pylon and were stuck. Mason and Alayna started crying, Tyla bailed out, and I tried desperately to pull us out and around. Finally, I gave up and unhooked the tubes. Tyla swam to the banks and then ran down to Dad so he wouldn't freak out when we got to the bottom without a rider.




I sure love these girls!! They braved the cold water and did the traditional dunk in the river. In case you were wondering, I did not!














No comments:

Post a Comment